Help choosing a canon camera / coming from an Xti

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
slade riley
Regular MemberPosts: 146
Like?
Re: How to Choose your Upgrade
In reply to GregLun, Apr 24, 2012

GregLun wrote:

I upgraded from the XTi to a 60D about a year ago and have found the articulating screen to be invaluable. When I bought the 60D I didn't think it would be a big deal, but I can't tell you how many times being able to move the screen to strange angles has helped me get a shot lined up.

Thanks Greg. Ultimately, the articulating screen would be a big reason I think. Also, can you tell me how much better the screen clarity for review is? Did you notice any major difference coming from the XTi. So many times I see the shot and I think it is ok, but not until I get back to the monitor I realize it was actually blurry. Does the bigger, more pixeled screen help that much?

I am now leaning towards a 60D and getting a 8-16 (or 10-22) wide angle. Although, I understand I need faster glass on my telephoto lens as well. That will be next probably.

Could someone chime in on my question regarding keeping the 2nd camera (XTi). I am not a Pro so it wouldn't be necessary, but is it even practical to have 2 or should I just bite the bullet and switch lenses with the greater of the 2? If I sold the XTi I could probably afford another Lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow