Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
knickerhawk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,932
Like?
Re: A sledgehammer solution that doesn't make sense
In reply to lorenzo, Apr 24, 2012

lorenzo wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

How did you view the NX2 conversion in lab? Did you bring it into PS and convert to lab there?

Yes

Opened directlly in PS or saved as a 16 bit TIFF? I'm trying to think of something that could happen along the way that might affect the color channels.

I'm thinking it's some other adjustment that you have turned on (or that's turned on by default in NX2). Perhaps it's noise reduction related or CA removal related. Nothing else makes sense for the same behavior appearing in the D4 file.

Only Ca removal as in the ACR conversion!

Hmmm. Hard to believe CA removal is based on color blurring, but it might be worth turning it off and seeing what happens. My guess would have been noise-reduction related.

I don't have the upgrade to NX2 installed. Is there an option for increasing the moire reduction level? If so what effect does that have when you look at the lab output? Even more blurring in the A/B channels?

Yes

If you have time, I'd be very interested to hear what happens when you boost the moire reduction. Increased blur in the A/B channels?

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow