Avoid Acer/Gateway – service problem

Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Blue Guitarist
Regular MemberPosts: 318
Like?
Re: Avoid Acer/Gateway – service problem
In reply to HappyVan, Apr 24, 2012

I think the market changes for computers have left folks trying to fill past expectations with future realities. It's true that the profit margins have been greatly reduced for computer manufacturers and it's unrealistic to expect the same level of service from manufacturers that was once the norm. However, I don't think that it's fair to expect everyone to become a computer mechanic.

I used the word "mechanic" intentionally. I recently bought a new car. I don't expect the manufacturer to perform all (or any) of the maintenance without additional charges, or to make any future repairs without charge. However, I don't expect someone to call me lazy or stupid if I don't replace the shocks by myself when the time comes. If I don't pay the dealer (i.e. manufacturer authorized rep) to replace the shocks, I'll hire some other mechanic to do it.

There are some good computer "mechanics" out there, but probably not many in the big box stores. As the market continues to mature though, you'll begin to be able to find them more easily.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow