JESSOPS

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
jadot
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Re: JESSOPS
In reply to adamlambert, Apr 24, 2012

adamlambert wrote:

WARNING!!! Positive Jessops review for a change....

A couple of months ago I was shopping in my local out of town mall (MetroCentre in Gateshead) and was looking for a decent pocket camera. I had decided that I didn't want an interchangeable lens or bridge camera but something I could genuinely stick in a pocket or bag when I didn't want to take the DSLR and lenses. Popped in to Jessops as it was the only camera store and got chatting to the guy on the desk. He was knowledgeable and friendly and happy to talk me through a number of cameras and even went as far as to tell me what to avoid and what to consider.

By and large his advice was good and when I settled on the new Canon S100 they had one in stock (unusual at the time as it was very new out) and agreed to knock some money off.

Nowhere in the UK has great supply of D800 and like most others I am patiently waiting (for Mathers of Lancashire in my case). I know Jessops have a bad reputation but it seems that many on here are willing them out of business. In the case of the D800 they don't seem any worse than any other retailer left in the dark by Nikon.

That was all - you can get back to slagging them off now.

Adam

PS Canon S100 is a lovely little camera for any who may be interested.

Thanks!

Just to point out that Jessops seem to be willing themselves out of business just fine on their own!

True, there does seem to be a massive amount of voodoo ill-will towards Jessops, but it's largely brought about by the fact that Jessops seem to have a real handle on really annoying their customers in situation like this. They completely underestimated the impact that Nikon's trickle-flow allocation of cameras would have on their customers and judging by the sheer lack of information and apparent incompetent management of such difficult things as keeping a chronological list of how many pre-orders are on their 'system', they also seem to have absolutely no idea how to deal with such a problem, and appear to care less.

They should probably stick to supplying compact cameras like the S100. They're easier to supply, they're easier to recommend, they're more profitable. It's less of a niche market, and easier for Jessops' part time sales representatives to pitch to their customers on specs and price against the competition. "This one's quite a good one - it has more mega pixels than the other one you were just holding" - that kind of thing.

When it comes to professional level customer service, they should just stay out of it if they want to gain any kind of credibility or repeat amongst those customers.

They haven't got a clue what they're dealing with.

-- hide signature --

examples of my photography at http://www.alexanderleaman.co.uk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow