Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
3 Nikkor lenses to satisfy any level of expertise
Apr 24, 2012

Most of us have thought at one time or another, what lens should I buy for my brand new DSLR? Either a DX or FX camera, Prime or Zoom. I'm going to stick with Primes for now and FX types. That's for future proofing and I know there are some fantastic DX lenses. All are recent Nikon releases and are upgrades from the older versions.

1. Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G - $699.00

2. Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G - $249.00

3. Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G - $499.00 This may rival the f/1.4?

I would slap any of these on my D700 and if I upgraded to the D800, that too. Your looking at $1450.00 and when the furor dies down for #1 and #3 you may find them on sale at one of the online retailers. I have seen the 50mm on sale by 10%. What about Zooms in the FF style that will keep you with Nikon? Over $1000.00 for good glass. On a DX camera 85mm will give you 125mm. With primes your going to be doing the "March of the Penguins", on DX or FX. As always this is my opinion.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow