Canon vs Nikon

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
healer81 Regular Member • Posts: 127
Nikon

I would say Canon lens system is more complete than Nikon with the exception of a good wide angle lens like 14-24mm

I have a bunch of canon lens and I love it but if I had to start from scratch as of today I would go with the D800 for sure.

Ill be getting the 5D MIII which is a fine camera but quite envious of the DR on the Nikon and the detail in the images compared to the 5D MIII

davexl wrote:

I think by asking on both forums you will end up with a lot of votes for both Nikon and Canon, depending on where you ask the question!

Like you I have been using a Canon 5D-II for a while during the "Nikon drought" for affordable high MP, but am returning to Nikon with the D800/E, which for me is easily the best choice right now. (also I have way more current Nikon glass)

Both brands have lenses missing from the lineup - Nikon is missing out a bit on tilt shift, and Canon has no comparable 14-24mm etc etc.

No one brand will be better at everything, I don't think you can go too far wrong with either. I would highly recommend renting a D800 for a week, and a Canon 5D-III and/or 1Dx when available to see what suits you better. It might save you a costly mess or investment you regret.

You are the best judge of what is right for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow