Canon vs Nikon

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
healer81
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Nikon
In reply to davexl, Apr 24, 2012

I would say Canon lens system is more complete than Nikon with the exception of a good wide angle lens like 14-24mm

I have a bunch of canon lens and I love it but if I had to start from scratch as of today I would go with the D800 for sure.

Ill be getting the 5D MIII which is a fine camera but quite envious of the DR on the Nikon and the detail in the images compared to the 5D MIII

davexl wrote:

I think by asking on both forums you will end up with a lot of votes for both Nikon and Canon, depending on where you ask the question!

Like you I have been using a Canon 5D-II for a while during the "Nikon drought" for affordable high MP, but am returning to Nikon with the D800/E, which for me is easily the best choice right now. (also I have way more current Nikon glass)

Both brands have lenses missing from the lineup - Nikon is missing out a bit on tilt shift, and Canon has no comparable 14-24mm etc etc.

No one brand will be better at everything, I don't think you can go too far wrong with either. I would highly recommend renting a D800 for a week, and a Canon 5D-III and/or 1Dx when available to see what suits you better. It might save you a costly mess or investment you regret.

You are the best judge of what is right for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow