Chasseur d'images has tested the E-M5 : best mft ever !

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
blitze
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Re:Seems high praise ...
In reply to PerL, Apr 24, 2012

PerL wrote:

In the same price bracket you have the Nikon D7000, Pentax K5, Canon 60D and Sony A77. And 20-25 % above you have the Nikon D300S and Canon 7D. All of these are probably better for action shooting. But of course much bigger and heavier.

The Achilles heal of the m4/3rds at this current point in time for action shooting is the lack of available CDAF fast zoom glass. This is also what is something I most desire to be rectified soon and preferably by Oly as CDAF versions of their HG and SHG 4/3rds glass would be a real shot in the arm for m4/3's format.

It is also what prevents me from committing to the system fully as I sit on the side lines with a couple primes wanting to know either is Oly going to bring out a Digital 4/3rds to support their great glass with great PDAF or are they instead going to develop the lens range for m4/3rds.

So frustrating.

As for 4/3drs sensor size and printing, I have had no issues printing A2 with images from my old E-P1 but then I am not trying to view them with my face stuck to the stock they are printed on. As a professional printer and Graphic Designer, I find it sad how many in photography seem to think everything printed must be viewed from 5cm away. For some, taking a step or 2 back from the printed image can allow for much better appreciation. Especially if you are like me and slightly long sighted

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow