Second thoughts on A99 - SAR

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
bloomoose
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,215Gear list
Like?
Re: We know nothing about the new FX 24 Mpix sensor ...
In reply to Amateur Sony Shooter, Apr 24, 2012

The A77 is just my interim camera till I know what camera will replace the A900.

I´m not happy there is no successor from Sony available right now, but I understand that disasters happened last year and that it will affect Sony and Nikon especially. So the only choice I felt I had was to test the A77, even though it is very noisy, it is a light and versatile allround camera. I feel Ok to use it till ISO 800/1600 and need some time to get used to its features. I then feel ready to upgrade to either the A99 or buy the D800 from Nikon.

The reason why I sold the A900 is, I wanted to upgrade on AF and the LCD/EVF, unfortunately not with an advanced FX sensor.

If the 24 Mpix A99 will be a great allround camera that can replace the D3s, I will be happy. 36 Mpix look appealing, but I would use such a camera in the studio mainly. That is also an option.

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

If you find A900 is noisy at base ISO 200, how do you like A77? My A900 vs A77 test proved to me that A900 to be superior in therms of low noise at base ISO, as well as overal image quality.

-- hide signature --
 bloomoose's gear list:bloomoose's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha 7 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow