ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DCooper
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
GH2 14-42 Constant Preview SS help pls
Apr 24, 2012

Hi guys,

New GH2 owner. I'm trying to find a definitive answer for this issue so if you have a 14 - 42 lens with your GH2, I would really appreciate your help.

With the 14 - 42 lens, in Manual Mode and Constant Preview on, the Slower the Shutter Speed I use, the blurrier it gets, which I am told is supposed to happen.

However if I keep on getting the SS slower from approx 2" to 60" of a second, I find that the LCD view freezes up and so does the Histogram.

If I move the camera, it takes a long time before the LCD registers the new composition because of the lag. The LVF freezes too and changing between them is very laggy with a dark screen on both.

This is only happening with Constant Preview on.
(Just for reference, I also had Single Shot, AFS on.)
It doesn't seem to matter which aperture I choose.

Is this just simply due to the capabilities of the lens?
I note that the widest aperture is 3.5.
I have only tried this indoors as it was raining constantly yesterday.

Can someone please try this out with the 14 - 42 to let me know if it is a normal occurrence? Thanks.

(Somebody else has kindly tried this with 2 other lumix lenses, without experiencing freezing of the LCD and Histogram.)

Thank you.

DCooper's gear list:DCooper's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow