Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Cohen
Regular MemberPosts: 264
Like?
I think I know why B&H is not shipping my D800
Apr 24, 2012

I have had a preorder at B&H since the first day B&H started taking orders for the D800 and am still waiting. I do not know for sure but have a theory that may be the answer.

I have read a lot of threads about Nikon NPS people getting priority on D800 shipments. I recently watched a video blog where a well known and highly regarded professional photographer, Trey Ratcliff, told about being contacted by Nikon to let him know that he as an NPS customer could get priority shipment on a D800 but there were two conditions: 1) He needed to put in a preorder and 2) he needed to contact a local dealer of his choice and see if they would let him pick up a D800 from their store from the D800s being shipped to them from Nikon. Now, there is B&H Photo, one of the largest retail camera outfits in the US, if not the world. Now imagine how many NPS customers B&H must have. So even though some of us may have gotten our D800 preorder into B&H right after the D800 was announced, and might have been in the first ten on the list, if B&H has a large number of NPS customers, the NPS customers will be allowed to go to the head of the line until all NPS customer orders have been filled. So even if B&H is getting a few hundred cameras a week, any NPS customer who decides today to ask B&H to take delivery of a D800 for them, that NPS customer will bump any non-NPS customers on the waiting list.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow