ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jmagbita
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
Sony Nex 7 or Canon 60d
Apr 24, 2012

Hi all.

I have both the new Sony Nex 7 (for about a month) and the Canon 60d (since summer 2011). Question I'm going crazy over is which to stick with..

Here's the deal.. My intention was to sell off all the Canon gear i got last summer (35L, 70-300L, and 17-55 2.8) and go with the Nex 7 and start building up a nice lens collection for the Sony. That was until my little sister asked me to take photos of her and her friends for their college graduation this past weekend.. I took this opportunity to carry both cameras and try to make a comparison.. During the "shoot", I felt the 60d was an overall better camera, in terms of usability and quality of pics. Of course a lot has to do with the lenses (17-55mm 2.8 on the 60d and the kit lens with the Nex 7). I felt more "pro" with the 60d.

My problem is the size comparison. I went on a trip last December with the 60d. First couple days, used it quite a bit.. 2nd week, used it a little less.. and by the 3rd week I was just over carrying the camera and the lenses I brought along with me.

I'll be going to Switzerland and Spain in a few months and I feel like the Nex 7 would be a lot better for travel than the 60d, but will I regret not having the 60d with me instead? And how about for casual shooting? Parties and events? Outings?

Arghhhh!

What to do.. what to do..

Sorry for the rambling post..

Thoughts?

Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow