Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
billbourd
Regular MemberPosts: 468Gear list
Like?
How come no grip complaints on Leicas?
Apr 24, 2012

Have been enjoying and learning about my EM5 for almost a week now, finding out about all of the great features and learning the new menu system. I gave my daughter my GH1 and I will, I guess, have to buy another lens for her as I plan to keep the 14-140 & 20mm for the EM5.

In reading the posts here about the grip on the EM5 which have turned off some folks to the point of no buy, the thought came to me the camera does have a thumb grip and small front grip as well, but one of the most expensive and revered cameras by quite a few, the M series receives no complaints on its grip [or lack of] that I am aware of. I wonder why not, would it be akin to heresy?

Leica has been using the same basic design for decades now and have apparently seen no reason to change it. Possibly Olympus should up the price a couple of thousand, make it a status symbol and the grip issue will become history.

Billbourd

billbourd's gear list:billbourd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow