Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,402Gear list
Like?
Re: WHICH next week, Tim? :)
In reply to amalric, Apr 23, 2012

amalric wrote:

szlevi wrote:

...and still nothing but it's good to know there's a DPR newsletter...

Perhaps now after this 3d the feel offended, and they won't be any review?

Am.
--
Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amalric

I suspect it has more to do with the difficulty of rating a camera that is very special and controversial. I am talking about the extraordinarily high performance for a camera of this size and also the potential upset it could cause in camera sales of all brands.

Speaking in general and not about DPR, some reviewers who consider various matters besides the lab tests and merits, e.g. what impact it may have to the camera maker, other makers, how to balance the various objectives and what is important to the interest of the readers as well as the reviewers, and how to word the verdict and also score it to make it palatable to those who matter most, and who cannot be offended, e.g. fanboys of certain make or perhaps even their influential makers? Without rigid framework and published details of scoring, there can be a lot of flexibility. Then, of course, if it is a large comapny, there can be many levels of approval as well as "consultations" with concerned parties. You know what I mean

This is why it is good also to read reviews of Robin, Techradar, DigitalRev and some sites who just reported apparently as they saw it, praising or rubbishing without considering other than the merits of the camera under review, and even when they can be biased one way or the other.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow