D800 just arrived... and guess what...

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Howard Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
Re: Just out of interest
In reply to eNo, Apr 23, 2012

Thanks for all the excellent replies....

Just a couple of points... As a professional photographer, I agree with you when you say that the excitement of equipment has been diluted over the years for me BUT not the enjoyment and passion I get from everyday of shooting. Feel free to check out my stuff http://www.HowardShooter.com . I feel very privileged to be able to shoot everyday for my living.

I agree that as an amateur I used to be more excited about equipment so I apologise if I'm sounding like I'm taking the fun out of new equipment... Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I suppose it's just the belief that it makes you a better photographer that was winding me up.... Obviously if you had shutter lag etc the d800 will give you more possibilities , but I still don't think that makes you a better photographer, and the leap from the d700-d800 I think is for most people irrelevant in real world use.

New cameras are exciting... I'm just not sure it changes peoples photography in the short term.

Thanks for taking my comments in the spirit they were meant
Best
Howard

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow