Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brond1
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?
NX20 vs XPro-1 vs M9
Apr 23, 2012

Aaaagh! I've just been mooching in Jessops and handling an XPro-1 and it doesnt quite do it for me.

I want a compact well made large sensor camera with a high quality evf, punchy manual focus assist and lenses that do not focus by bloody wire.

I have an NX10. I like the 20mm lens a lot, but autofocus cant guess what I want sharp. Novoflex plus my nikor 24mm makes camera too big. There is not Leica-M mount option.

So I went to look at the XPRO-1. It looks groovy and feels well made, but is also light and boxy. Not as dense and meaningful in the hand as the NX10. The viewfinder is better. It's lenses are fly by wire. What an own goal for camera aimed at wannabee Leicologists.

The M9. Not great in low light. Is a bit big and boxy to make it worth act of credit card insanity.

So maybe the NX20s viewfinder will be good enough, maybe they will get the promised 24mm premium out before 2015 (with proper manual focus)......

Always waiting for the perfect camera....never comes
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithernesto/

Brond1's gear list:Brond1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Samsung NX10 Samsung NX20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow