Started Oct 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Any users of older Ricoh digicams?
In reply to Aldersyde, Apr 23, 2012

Aldersyde wrote:

Hi Stankus,

Amazing images, particularly the car shots. More expensive, up to date gear may not produce better shots!

Of the newer Ricohs I think it is only the CX3 and CX4 (though CX4 have improved IS) which uses low NR. The CX5 and CX6 uses at least slightly more nr at low iso with the nr set to default. What the default is is stupid enough not explained in the manuals so I can only assume that it is either auto or normal.

However nr off is not completely off when it comes to Ricoh likely definitely not so for CX5 or CX6 unless the default setting have been changed between the releases of CX4 and CX5.

Seems like at least Nikon gets it reasonably right with low nr for the Coolpix P7000, P7100 and now maybe also the P310 which finally brought nr low as an option among some other image parameters. Though still a small 1/2.3" cmos. The first P300 released last year was badly crippled like real joke with the odd combination of small sensor in combination of a lens which is fast at the wide end.

I might at least test a P310, now when some of the ridiculous flaws have been addressed.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GRDINew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow