Large format question

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Thorbard
Contributing MemberPosts: 671Gear list
Like?
Re: Large format question
In reply to Kaphoto, Apr 23, 2012

Kaphoto wrote:

Thank you again for explanations, I see your point. Not sure I will go with D-800 even I'm aware its fun camera, probably I feel the small sensor not good enough for good rendering as higher formats generously offer.

Another thing is fixing parallax (tilt and shift), I know there is adapter can be insert between body and the lens, also Nikon capture NX2 software have filter for that purpose, but since its SM I expect the benefits are small. But if any have different opinion I will be happy to learn.

Don't forget that Canon make several Tilt Shift lenses for their flim and digital SLRs and I think Nikon have one or two as well.

Again, you haven't explained what it is you want that "conventional" "small format" doesn't offer. I'm sure large format does off "better quality" but that is a subjective thing and comes at a cost, both monetary and in terms of time, effort and so on.

Consider learning what is possible with other equipment before dismissing it out of hand.

As far as good reading matter goes, consider the latest version of Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposure" or Scott Kelby's "The Digital Photography Book" (4 volumes, also known as "How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros").

Thorbard's gear list:Thorbard's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow