Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
spiegellos
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
X100 vs GXR A12 28mm for street
Apr 23, 2012

Hi Ricoh guys I live in a small town and it is not easy to make fotos on the street. Why?

I for mysell doesnt´t want the be recognized when shooting people. When you live in NY or London than it might be not a big problem to look in the finder of the X100 and take some nice shots. In my hometown I definetly like it more to shoot with the GXR A12 out of the waist in SNAP focus mode. Finger handling while I try the same way of shooting with X100 was really tricky and I always felt shy using the X100 next to the GXR. With the GXR or the GR nobody was taking notice of me because the workflow on the street was much easier and i felt more safe.

When I look at the pictures I took on the street with GXR vs X100 the GXR pictures where better composed and crisper in bw. It is really important to find your way to take pictures on the street and that depands very much on where you live and in second which personality you have and in third which camera you use. For me I can say A12 28mm is a great choice.

Please it would be very nice to tell me something about your workflow, your town and your camera. The cameras of my interesst are mainly Leica M, GXR and Fuji stuff..

thanks for feedback

spiegellos's gear list:spiegellos's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow