Woeful sensor performance from the 5DIII

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dylthedog
Contributing MemberPosts: 692Gear list
Like?
Re: The Canon has looked uncompetitive from launch
In reply to tinternaut, Apr 23, 2012

I fully agree on the new system buyers, I certainly would go Nikon right now but I am indeed trapped by glass.

However, there are more than a few Nikon system users with other gripes and there is a hole in the Nikon range i.e. no 20ish MP FF, they go from 12 to 36MP.

You should also remember that the body is only part of the story and there are plenty of people that want to get their hands on stuff like the TS-E lenses.

tinternaut wrote:

I know for most practical purposes there isn't going to be a great deal of difference between these two cameras, but who would buy the Canon if starting out or moving systems? The 5DIII reminds me of the Olympus E-5. Realistically, I only see it selling to people who are already invested in Canon. The D800 OTOH looks (and quite frankly struts) like a game changer.

I can see Nikon poaching Canon customers with the D800. I don't see the reverse.

-- hide signature --
 Dylthedog's gear list:Dylthedog's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-P1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow