Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slade riley
Regular MemberPosts: 146
Like?
Help choosing a canon camera / coming from an Xti
Apr 23, 2012

Been a while since I posted on here but this seems the logical place to go given my delima. You all have been great in helping me in the past so here it goes. Tax return is on its way and I want to upgrade from the Xti. I am looking at the 50d, 60d and T3i (hoping to keep it under $1K). My habits in the past have been shooting pictures of the family, friends and general scenery on a weekly basis. I fell into the Xti for cheap due to a friends lack of appreciation for photography. Prior to this I enjoyed my Fuji s20Pro and S602Z Zoom cameras. Currently, I only use 2 basic lenses Tamron 28-300 3.5/6.3 and my nifty-fifty, although I do borrow a 10-22 rarely and really want to pick up one of my own. The thing I miss most about my Fuji cameras is the high burst rates. I have 2 young boys who love sports and bicycles and i like taking lots of shots and weeding out the best. That makes me lean toward the 50d or 60d. My instinct is telling me to go with the 50d, as I really like having separate cameras for video and stills, but currently I don't see any on the Canon Refurb site and I really don't want to buy off ebay or Craigslist. Can any Xti owners chime in with their upgrade experiences and any others please feel free to add to the discussion.

Examples of what I like to shoot:
http://www.livingariley.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted on which way I go.

Slade

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 60D Nikon Coolpix S60 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow