Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael H West
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Is the x10 the right camera for me?
Apr 23, 2012

Alright I am sure this has been asked before, and I will continue to look up threads about the x10 after posting, but I wanted to ask, based off my needs is the x10 right for me.

I am not a pro photographer but I owned a Nikon D700 for a while that I had to sell recently due to financial issues. I also have a Nikon D90 that I will probably sell for a good quality P&S. The reason I am moving "down" to a point and shoot is right now what I need is a small quality camera that I can take with me on motorcycle rides and that I can whip out and take some snap shots of my daughter and family. I wanted to get the X100, but unless I can sell all my Nikon lenses and D90 for a good price, I rather have some spare change and a camera then pushing the budget and a camera.

Rather than listing out features, I think its better if I list what I will use it for most:

Family photos, shoving it my motorcyle jacket, landscape photos, something to take camping, hiking everyday camera.... ok when I put it like that, pretty much any small camera sounds like it will do. My concern is that moving from a DSLR that I know it will be slower and not AS high quality, but I am a bit worried about how much of a diffrence it will be. I still want to be able to take high quality photos with it.

I have some what already convinced myself this is the camera I want due to the looks of it, and how much I was looking at the x100 and I plan on eventually getting a X-Pro1 down the line when i am doing good financially again.

Other cameras I was looking at are:
Nikon COOLPIX P7100
Canon PowerShot G12

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Michael H West's gear list:Michael H West's gear list
Nikon D90 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Apple Aperture
Canon PowerShot G12 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow