Fred Miranda's Comparison

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
John M Roberts
Senior MemberPosts: 1,478
Like?
Re: Canon T/S lenses are superior
In reply to Robin Casady, Apr 23, 2012

Robin Casady wrote:

I've also hear complaints about CA with the PC-E 24mm before. The point about the Nikon PC-E lenses needing two rotation mechanisms is a big deal. Sometimes you want to shift in the same direction you tilt. This is common when shooting up at a building or trees. Sometimes you want to shift at a different angle than you tilt. The PC-E lenses come so the shift direction is 90 degrees from the tilt direction. To change it you have to send it to Nikon with $250, or take it apart and void the warranty.

I was told the current PC-E can't be "do it yourself" for a contact ribbon is too short and needs to be replaced. I did see a video showing how it could be done but guessing that may have been for the older versions.

With the Canon T/S lenses you can rotate the shift independently from the tilt. Whats more, Canon has a 17mm T/S lens that is supposed to be excellent. If Canon had a decent and affordable landscape body, I would be very tempted to switch just for the T/S lenses.

Nikon really needs to improve their PC-E lenses and add a 17mm.

I have hopes for this as well and have considered Canon DSLR as well for their TS's. The D800 has shifted, no pun intended, my opinion on this.

John R

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow