ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rosskoss
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Anyone here own both cameras - XP1 & OM-D
Apr 23, 2012

If so, how do they compare?

I'm considering both cameras and I'm still unable to make my mind up. I see a few people returning the XP-1 due to frustrating performance issues. On the flip side, I see others saying that the AF and other issues are blown out of proportion. Not having had an opportunity to handle either camera, I'm still on the fence on which one to go with.

The OM-D seems to have everything going for it and is pretty much everything that I'd want. What's frustrating though is that I've seen very few top notch photos with the OM-D. Most photos that I've seen so far have been (inexplicably repeatedly) shot with the kit lens and are good, but not great. On the other hand, many of the XP1 photos that I've seen to date are OUTSTANDING with a magical quality to them. I've not seen photos as good from many DSLRs.

To recap, with the best prime lens on both cameras, how would you say the OM-Ds IQ compares to the XP1s? (DOF, bokeh and low light/high ISO performance)

I'm leaning towards the OM-D, however low light performance is an important criteria for me as well pushing me towards the XP1. In the end, if the photography user experience is compromised, the best image quality is of little comfort.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!
Confused

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow