Your F/1.4 lens this sharp as my nFD '50? At 50% size?

Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Erational
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
Re: nice example, appears less highlight fringing than Canon '50
In reply to RussellInCincinnati, Apr 22, 2012

Going off what you said about a good portraiture lens, have you thought about the Sony Easy Choice 85mm F/2.8 ? The Sony is a Sonnar arrangement of optical elements. I know a lot of people say "Oh on APS-C 50mm becomes 75mm", but still most 50mm lenses are not corrected enough, in my book. The only 50mm I know of that is corrected enough to give the proper proportions to the face would be the Leica 50mm F/2. The Leica R 60mm F2.8 would be a better choice, though.

Hope I'm not hijacking your tread here, but I see a lot of folks say that there are no lenses for the Sony E-Mount NEX's. If one uses the electronic adapters the A-mount Easy Choice line gives us super primes such as the 35mm F/1.8 and the aforementioned 85mm (which has FF coverage BTW). The are light, short, cheap, sharp and have AF !

Don't know that you would be happy with the upcoming 18-135 fitted to your E-mount camera. Your right to be suspect about that lens. I too would be shocked if it was superlative. The Sony lens roadmap says we are to get a "G" zoom. But the chance of any zoom besting primes is pretty low. If you already have seen what a good prime can do, it may be hard to go back to a zoom.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow