S100 review: The best camera I have ever used. (considering form factor)

Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
d3xmeister
Senior MemberPosts: 1,363Gear list
Like?
Re: S100 review: The best camera I have ever used. (considering form factor)
In reply to gail, Apr 22, 2012

Gail, I am 100% sure the lens on my S90 was very bad. I thought that's just how it performs, if I knew I would have sent it back, but I had nothing to compare, so I assumed that's how the lens is. I'm not so sure about the sensor performance. The output just screamed P&S on my S90 even when viewing tiny thumbnails. Not so with the S100.

Again, I was not really dissapointed with my S90, I had P&S expectation from it and for a P&S I happy with it. Here are some of my S90 shots over these years

http://www.flickr.com/photos/d3xmeister/sets/72157624199682673/

I would never say it was a bad camera. In fact I will not sell it. But the S100 is just in a different league.

Not only there are lots of improvements that everybody sees, but ad to that the fact that my S90 was ome of the worse ones while probably my S100 is one of the better ones, and you can understand why I am so impressed with this little wonder.

All I wrote in this topic is in the light of the S100 form factor. That makes everything so amazing. If it was DSLR size it would have been a different story.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow