D4 , D800 will not make u a better photographer

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Octane
Senior MemberPosts: 2,989
Like?
Insults and reality
In reply to tabloid, Apr 22, 2012

tabloid wrote:

People her think that if they get the latest high tech camera,that this camera has some sort of holy grail magic which will suddenly make a camera operator into a great photographer...nothing is further from the truth.

These forums are all about sword fencing with words, and people with issues getting things off their chest.

It is exactly posts like yours that add noise to the forum. You make negative blanket statement, belittling everyone here as 'gear heads'.

I do different kinds of photography. For movies (that is all about telling stories), for stock agencies (telling a concept in an image) and for dancers (where it's all about the visual beauty of their art form). I know that every frame I shoot has it's purpose, I know what is important. And because I take it seriously, I do care about the equipment I use. It is an important part of how I get my work done. it is important to know the pros and cons and characteristics of all my cameras and lenses. It's vital to pick the right tool for the work I do.

It is simply not true that equipment doesn't matter. Good gear doesn't substitute talent and knowledge, but that doesn't mean it's irrelevant. Equipment is very important! And knowing about it and how to use is just as important.

You know very well that wildlife photographer don't spend tons of money on long lenses to brag. If they could do their work with phone cameras, they would, but it just doesn't work. If you are going to spend a lot of money on your gear, you better do your homework and find the right one and the best one you can afford.

That's what these forums are helpful with.

-- hide signature --

-------David-------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow