Street photography in Tokyo with the OM-D and PL25mm

Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
AdventureRob
Regular MemberPosts: 260Gear list
Like?
Re: Street photography in Tokyo with the OM-D and PL25mm
In reply to yotes, Apr 22, 2012

Not too bad. Just need to get on and do it, and try to look like a tourist for a change. People seem to forgive tourists as they are just taking silly snaps at the end of the day.

A few people looked, but no-body complained. This was the worst look I got, but I did take about 4 photos of this lady: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventurerob/7101701857/ (not featured on my website).

As for legal reasons. I'm not sure. People don't own their own image, and I'm entitled to take a photo of them. But I know models have to sign disclaimers to allow the use of photos of them commercially. But a journalist selling a photo of a celebrity and selling it to a newspaper doesn't have to get consent.

yotes wrote:

I have always been interested in doing street photography as I see many great street photos but I feel a bit uncomfortable pointing the camera at strangers. How did you find it? Did anyone give you the look or complained? I wonder if there are any legal issues in using their images.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow