Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kermitG9
Contributing MemberPosts: 701
Like?
E-M5 - Battery Life
Apr 22, 2012

As I'm considering the E-M5 as a possible upgrade for my E-P2 in the next couple of months, I'd like to know what peoples impression is when it comes to battery life. This is actually a critical criteria for me since the environments where I shoot do not allow me to recharge at all. Hence 2 questions:

• I know that I probably won't get hard facts as it depends on the type of usage.. but I'm just curious to know if, as a previous owner of a PEN camera (don't care about Panasonic comparisons), your perception is that the E-M5 is worse, more or less equal or better in that respect.

• Additionally, the problem I've had with my E-520 and also E-P2 is that the battery level shown on the camera remains quite high initially (as if the battery wouldn't discharge) and suddenly drops very quickly. Usually, when you hit the last "bar".. the camera would switch off after a dozen more shots.. Are you experiencing the same "issue" on the E-M5 ?

Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-P2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow