D400 FX?

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ovrebekk
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,247
Like?
Re: D400 FX?
In reply to John, Apr 22, 2012

John wrote:

I hope it is a DX. They really need something to replace the 300s and to compete with the Canon 7D (which the 300s can't because of its age and old technology).

Lol. What revolutionary new technology did Canon put in the 7D a couple of years after the D300s was released?

Plus they have a lot of great DX lenses. The D7000 is a pitiful try. It's build quality is really cheap unlike the D300s that was always a great durable camera.

Last time I checked the D7k wasn't supposed to be the D300 successor. I use mine when I don't want to carry the D700 around, and despite it being smaller and only partially metal I don't have any issues with the build quality.

Right now they are virtually giving the advanced prosumer APS C sensor business to the 7D... They have more than enough FX based cameras....

If you keep flip flopping between Canon and Nikon every time they one up each other, I guess so

I would like to see them put a 18-20 meg sensor into the camera not that junky 24 meg sensor that is in the Sony A77..

Yes, judging by the D3200 IQ it's a junky sensor indeed

You really think 12% lower resolution is going to make a noticeable impact on per pixel IQ?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow