Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shane Poole
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
pocket wizards or cheap alternatives
Apr 22, 2012

Hi, ive been toying with the idea of buying pocket wizards to control off camera flash and assessing the options available….Im used to my 4 elinchrom heads and flash meter but Id like something more portable and easier to set up in small spaces, the main thing too is not using AC power as it gives scope to use lights on location.

After looking at how I would use my canon ex430 flashes, I believe it would be similar to my small studio setup….manual all the way with a light meter and I don’t mind walking to the lights to adjust power so don’t need to control them from the camera.

I know ettl or ettl2 would be quicker than manual and probably far more convenient for weddings etc where time is of the essence but initially id like to experiment with fashion, hair and product photography as I haven’t got much experience in these genres…..

I purchased a radio trigger from eBay for £10 which comes with the trigger to go on top of the camera and the hot shoe adapter for the 430 ex11 which also has a slot to fit an umbrella in and screws onto a light stand….this little unit has 4 channels and will still work through 3 walls and in separate rooms in my house. It only works with the strobes in manual mode which should be fine for me (for now)

Are there any huge benefits that the pocket wizards would prove useful to me????

Thanks

Samsung TL500 (EX1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow