PLEASE HELP! Spyder 3 Elite, dual monitors, different color

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
treepop
Contributing MemberPosts: 611Gear list
Like?
Re: PLEASE HELP! Spyder 3 Elite, dual monitors, different color
In reply to Sailor Blue, Apr 22, 2012

Sailor Blue wrote:

First, use the Advanced Mode. This mode will give you a graphical representation of the brightness, contrast, and individual RGB values so you can adjust them to the correct levels with the monitor controls.

I don't see an "advanced mode" I see the "Expert Console" is this what you mean? Or is it under "step by step assisant" and then at the bottom it says "advanced settings"?
Neither have a "graphical representation".

After making an adjustment you click on the command at the bottom to redraw the graph.Repeat until you get the values within the acceptable window shown in each graph. The software will then take over and tweak the final color calibration. This method gives superior results to the fully automatic color calibration.

I don't see a "command" at the bottom.

Once you color calibrate each monitor manually then do another calibration using the Action/StudioMatch command. This should bring both of your monitors into as close a color match as possible. If this doesn't work then you need to upgrade your video card to one that uses two separate LUT's, one for each monitor.

I don't know what LUT stands for but, I am using a gtx 480 (pretty high end) and am pretty sure it can have different colors on each monitor. When I do the before and after it doesn't affect both monitors together (assuming that's what it means).

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. This is really helpful. I am sure if I find this advanced section and the command thing so I can manually find about the right settings for each, I will be set!

Thanks!
--
never stop learning

treepop's gear list:treepop's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow