Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jljonathan
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?
Nex 7 focus settings shooting with manual lens
Apr 22, 2012

I'm trying to figure out the optimum settings for a manual lens and have read several posts about this, but what I'm experiencing doesn't seem to match what I have read. I am in manual focus mode and have MF assist on, peaking on, AF/MF toggle. When I press AF/MF nothing seems to happen; peaking stays on and no magnification. When I press B "focus" it goes into x5.9 and now I can either press B again to magnify to x11.7 or x1.0, or press the AF/MF will do the same thing. I must first press B to start this magnification process, AF/MF won't do it alone. After taking a shot, I am back to square one again. With the kit lens, I can press the AF/MF and turn peaking on and off and get magnification. With DMF mode and the kit lens, can't turn off peaking and get magnification when turn lens focus. With the manual lens it acts the same as manual focus mode. Is this all correct? Or, am I missing something in setting things up? Is there no way to turn the peaking on and off with the manual lens? as one can with the kit lens?

Leica X1 Pentax X-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow