DPR's E-M5 review coming next week

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,402Gear list
Like?
Re: Was the DPR comment merely a clever double entendre?
In reply to Mal_In_Oz, Apr 22, 2012

Mal_In_Oz wrote:
DPR quote:

"but, if you don't have pockets large or deep enough to stretch to full frame, the E-M5 is an interesting little camera"

When I first read this quote in Tim's opening comment, I had a little chuckle at the double meaning, and believe it was simply a harmless attempt at humor. The "little camera' reference would be both a clue to the joke and a reference to its size, not its stature.

amalric wrote:

They are still not getting that C&N are dinosaurs on the wane?

Do they think that they do a favour to their readership/customers by giving a glance to the 'little camera'?

How grateful we must all feel here at m4/3

Am.
--
Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amalric

Reading this, I thought of the huge V8 cars with their leaf spring suspension and recircling ball steering, 440 cubic inch engines (must be about 7000 ml) that were everywhere in US in the 70s. They drove and like barges. It took another 20 years, the oil embargo, before "little" cars with DOHC engines, independent suspensions, rack and pinion steering etc became popular. Here we have small cameras that do away with a Stone Age flipping mirror, will US to continue to embrace them for a very long time. I think maybe just 10 years this time, as we now have Internet and the rest of the world is a little bit more relevant now

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow