My Canon 5D underexposes in really bright situations.

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bjornsnaer
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
My Canon 5D underexposes in really bright situations.
Apr 21, 2012

My 5D's metering system is way off and gives me under-exposed images when i use high shutters-speeds and when I shoot outside and it is really bright.

When i shoot at quite dark things, like the ground, inside and in not-well-litt-situations the metering is between fine or 2/3 stop under. When I shoot at the sky on a bright day the picture gets almost black, with a tendention to light in a corner. Like i take a picture in TV and put the shutter to 1/500th sec. the camera gives me an f-stop of 9, which gives me almost a black picture but it should have given me something like f/2.8. I have reset all custom functions and the exposure compensation is set to 0 (zero), so that is not the problem. When shooting in Manual mode I can do whatever and the picture comes out fine if I set the right values, but I can't trust the metering.

Is there anyone here that knows this problem and what is wrong with the camera??

Thanks in advance!

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow