Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sweetsonic
Regular MemberPosts: 349
Like?
Eureka! moment
Apr 21, 2012

You know it occurred to me that I may not get the D800 for quite awhile and also that I may be getting ahead of myself with getting new gear at this point. Although I'd love to be a pro landscape photographer, the fact is that I'm not. I think I've perhaps put too much "saving faith" into the D800 - as in I have faith that the D800 will save me from taking bad pictures and make me a better photographer. In reality I should probably take the hit in the wallet, and re-buy a D700, go out and take more pictures. The largest print of my own hanging in the house is a black & white, 5 x 7 of the golden gate bridge I took with a D90 and 18-105 2 years ago. I think I could make many a fine print yet with the D700 (or perhaps the D7000, or the D90!). I think I'll give B&H Photo until the first week in May to get me the D800 - it would be really nice to have cropping flexibility and 1080P video, amongst other innovations - but otherwise it's entirely my fault that I'm not out taking pictures right now.

This isn't a statement about what anyone else can or should do, just sharing my eureka moment. Curious though, has anyone else ever gone "backwards" after realizing they got too much into collecting gear and not enough usage/practice with said gear? I'm curious if anyone has even gone from FX back to DX...

Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow