Date is imprinted in converted videos - how to fix?

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sdh
sdh
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
Date is imprinted in converted videos - how to fix?
Apr 21, 2012

As I wrote in another thread, I have some AVCHD videos that I want to play on my TV. I deleted all the original folder formatting created by the cameras and kept only the .MTS files, which play on my computer but not my TV. I've given up on trying to get the MTS files to play directly and am now experimenting with format conversion.

I installed 4Media Converter free trial version and ran some conversions. Things look successful, with just one glitch: The output files have the original capture date & time imprinted in the video stream. In other words "Jan 21 2012 12:00 PM" is in the image for the entire video.

I've combed through every setting I can find in 4Media and all my cameras and I can't find anything that looks like it should toggle this.

Playing the original MTS files in Windows Media player, I do NOT see the date stamp. It only appears in the converted files.

Is this a converter or camera issue?

I have MTS files from 3 cameras: Pana G2 & GF3 and a Sony SLT A33. Interestingly, in the converted videos, the format, font & position of the date text is different between the sony & Panasonic cameras.

If it's a camera issue then I'd expect to see the date in the original MTS files also (not to mention I'd expect an obvious menu item to toggle it off.)

If it's a converter issue, then I wouldn't expect the converted files to have different formatting, for source files from different cameras, right? (not to mention, there should be obvious setting to disable this.)

I can't make sense of this. Has anyone else ran into this issue? (and solved it?)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Sony SLT-A33
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow