Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul_B Midlands UK
Regular MemberPosts: 356
Like?
K5 or Nikon 7000 ... decision made, K5
Apr 21, 2012

Being a former K7 user, I need more low end performance hence the need to get that Sony sensor which I discovered is so amazing in the NEX5N. So for my portable jobbie I'm happy with that but its very cumbersome to use in terms of the handling and menu - slow and easy to make mistakes. So for proper photography, at gigs, wedding etc I need speed and good iso. Choices whittled down to the old K5 or Nikon 7000 as recommended by Nikonister friends. What a lump the Nikon is in comparison, ok 35 point focussing, sexier ranges of lens', but the K7/5 is such a beautiful package and that bonus of WR for those downpour occasions where my colleagues will be running for cover. I picked up the 18-135 so I hope its a reasonable lens at least as good as the standard 18-55 - if I read it right I should expect quality results up to 100 mm.

For gig photography I'm thinking I need a fastish mid telephoto prime or cracking zoom, plus superwide. Any recommendations / favourites.
Paul Bentley, back in club Pentax

Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow