Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Erwin Buske
Regular MemberPosts: 476
Like?
D800, taxes, online stores, local stores, allocation
Apr 21, 2012

After cancelling my B&H order, I pre-ordered from Tall's of Seattle (Southcenter) on April 2nd and recieved my D800 yesterday. Talls is a local store chain that does very well sellng the entire Nikon Line (including point and shoots) and has been recieving allocations of D800's from Nikon. Preordering requires that you pay in advance.

Although I have in the past orderded from online stores to save taxes, I am very pleased that traditional stores have more of an equal fotting with these online giants in selling new nikon specialty cameras--after all they are selling at the same price as B&H, but because they cannot take advantage of a tax loop hole, must comply with the state law and charge tax. How many people go to these local stores to view merchendise then go online to buy--this loop hole needs to be shut down!
--
Erwin

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow