Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ArmandN
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
A77 - the more I use it, the more I like it
Apr 21, 2012

Sometimes I think entering the DPReview forums should come with a warning: "Participating in these forums may be bad to your health".

Reading through the complaints, I came to the conclusion that the SLT line of cameras is a disaster. I was this close to ditching all my Sony gear and move to Canon. Then I decided to try on a A77 and return it if I don't like.

I wasn't terribly impressed initially, but the more I used it, the more I enjoyed it.

I admit that I never used A900's OVF, but to me the A77's EVF is better than A700's OVF. There, I said it. When shooting, I never thought to myself "gee, I wish it was an OVF instead". I did set the contrast to -3 to get more shadow detail.

I am not a sports shooter. Today I went to a local dirt track event. With zero experience on panning, I was able to get may nice shots (I attached some of them in a different post). Focusing is better than in A700. I shot the whole event with the "slow" Tamron 70-200 F/2.8 in overcast weather and the lens could focus on full-thottle motorcycles coming at me, while shooting at 12 fps. The slideshow effect can be confusing though and I had some difficulty tracking but remember that it was my first time doing this. With a 95 MB/s 32GB Sandisk card, the small buffer was never an issue (I never shot more than 8-10 frames in a burst).

Next week I'll have a paid senior portrait session, can't wait to use it again.

Armand
http://www.armandniculescu.ro

Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow