Pentax: Follower or leader ?

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 776Gear list
Like?
Re: I am sorry but...
In reply to Raist3d, Apr 21, 2012

Raist,

Firstly, I think the Nokia 808 has some similarities to the Q. Its a truly pocketable mirrorless camera, (despite its built into a smart phone).

It is ground breaking and pushing boundaries previously not known.....sound familiar?

Secondly, Your suspicion of the Nokia being able to produce quality images, would seem to match the huge suspicion of the Q when it was introduced and I believe you where a staunch defender of that. So I find your distrust of the Nokia somewhat surprising.......the image sensor is at least as big as the Q and with reverse interpolation of 38 useable mp......so why would it not be able to reproduce such quality? As we all should know and what I am trying to get the point across, is that technology is marching along.

What I am also saying is that Nokia, Samsung and Sony all have other technologies which the new and upcoming generation and hence future markets will require and that whilst such companies as Pentax (whom I respect and own their products) are presently and purely image or camera companies. They would be well served and I am sure they are not taking these advances lightly.

I apologise if my tone appeared black and white, but I had hoped that as a regular Pentax forum, non trolling, supporter and user of their products that people would see that I was asking questions designed to prompt people into thinking beyond the present product line.

I think Pentax is producing new DSLR products, the Q"2" and so on, to suit the current market of high quality cameras and niche markets as we speak; However

I was looking to where these other companies are heading and seeing that unless Pentax and Co find technology partners or Ricoh dig deep into developing this stuff that they..... COULD..... become has beens.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of what Ricoh really has to offer in terms of their own technologies sub divisions etc could come to the thread and offer some good food for thought.

My 22 year old son recently purchased a Sony advanced compact, because it has acceptable IQ, great technology and was a name he knew and trusted being at the recent forefront of hi tech stuff. So again, he knows his way around a smart phone better than I know my way to the toilet.......and he is part of the future generation, who is he going to be looking for in future?

Yes, there will be a market for high quality pro cameras, but what will they look like and who will be producing them ?

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow