New 7D firmware?

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Severian The Lame
Regular MemberPosts: 493Gear list
Like?
Re: New 7D firmware?
In reply to George Spencer, Apr 21, 2012

For all the reasons previously stated Canon is unlikely to come out with a major firmware update, but ...

Some improvements based solely on firmware that I'd like to see:

• AI Servo III and the the things that entails: microadjustment to both ends of a zoom's range; redesigned AF menus like 1D-X and 5D3 with the AF configuration tool and various usage cases

• Improved auto ISO with settable maximum and minimum ISO and minimum shutter speed. (I don't see what all the fuss is about EC with auto ISO in manual, and I don't think Canon sees it either, so that's unlikely to happen.)

• Improved control of audio level in movie shooting like 60D

• Expanded exposure bracketing like 5D3

• Custom modes like 5D3 that are updated on the fly; i.e., that don't reset every time the camera goes to sleep

• In-camera RAW processing. This is basically useless to me, but the 60D has it so why not the 7D?

• Full control of all functions on an attached 600EX-RT or ST-E3-RT

Actually it does seem likely that at some point firmware updates will come out that make the camera compatible with the new flash.

Severian The Lame's gear list:Severian The Lame's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow