Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BerthaDUniverse
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Olympus OM-D E-M5 for Astro and Time Lapse questions:
Apr 21, 2012

I used to be an Oly junkie in the 70's (I still have my OM1 and OM4 for the rare times I use film on my Celestron C8), but have been through the Nikon and Canon rack too. Currently, I am into Spherical and Time Lapse photography mainly using a set of three Canon 40D's.

I was wondering if anyone has done any Milky Way, star-lapse, or even daytime time-lapse yet. I've done some searches, but no samples come up. The high ISO samples I've seen has the Olympus OM-D E-M5 close to the 5DmkIII in JPG and close enough (for me) in RAW.

I would love to know how this camera compares to the industry standard for night-time star work, the Canon 5DmkII (or mkIII). At the current cost, I could nearly buy 3 Olympus OM-D E-M5's (with kit lenses) for the price of one 5DmkIII body.

Any feedback is welcome...

BerthaDUniverse's gear list:BerthaDUniverse's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Nikon D70 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +4 more
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 5D Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow