ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Confused of Malvern
Senior MemberPosts: 1,037
Like?
K5 - Help with DR and exposure settings
Apr 21, 2012

Hi

I've just upgraded from K20 to K5. It seems to respond quite differently to the K20 in some respects and I'm still learning how to get the best out of the K5. Would appreciate any help or advice.

I mainly take landscapes and general photography. I've always shot RAW. I generally leave the camera in hyper-P mode as a good starting point and then adjust the exposure from there as necessary.

DR Setting

The dpr review recommends keeping highlight protection activated at all times. Is this what most people do? I don't mind that it increases the minimum available ISO because ISO 200 is very clean anyway.

ISO / Noise

I always limited the K20 to a maximum ISO of 800. I was expecting to be able to use the K5 at ISO 1600 without any noise problems. It's fine in bright sunlight but in anything less than optimal lighting conditions I'm a little disappointed that ISO 1600 isn't as 'clean' as I had expected. Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Confused of Malvern
'The greatest fool can ask more than the wisest man can answer'

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow