E-M5 + regular 4/3 Leica 25mm 1.4, ISO 3200 Samples Full Res

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 34,936Gear list
Re: E-M5 + regular 4/3 Leica 25mm 1.4, ISO 3200 Samples Full Res
In reply to Landscapephoto99, Apr 21, 2012

Landscapephoto99 wrote:

And let's not forget that everybody is raving about a say 1/2 stop difference that I suspect most pooh poohing would really notice if blindfolded and shown photos. It's mostly silly brand snobbery.

This is what I call insecurity complex. I was never trying to put Fuji as the answer to all photographic. I was merely stating something which I think it's the truth. As for only 1/2 a stop only I disagree. Particularly as the ISO climbs.

dark goob wrote:

MAubrey wrote:

Cat photos are, by definition, not great.

I would expect that when we can harness the processing power of a full size computer, we'll get more out of raw and Lightroom when ACR comes, but yes. This isn't Fuji--assuming you can get the Fuji to focus in low light...

i'm not concerned about the Fuji... because what lens are you going to put on there? Seriously?

The Fujinon 35mm 1.4 that I tested is a piece of junk as far as I'm concerned... it's so soft at 1.4 in the upper third of the lens that you can't focus it AT ALL... the 18mm f/2 is really great but there are no useful zooms or telephoto lenses...

The Fuji X-PRO1 is also huge, bulky and slow. It focuses extreeeeemely slooooow. It has a very poorly thought-out control system. The inability to switch to manual focus using the right hand makes it a camera I would never buy. I shoot almost exclusively one-handed. Have to hold my beer with the other hand, people.)

I really wanted to like the Fujifilm but my life does not revolve around shooting at 50,000 ISO. I am not willing to move to a camera system which has three available lenses only, just so that I can get slightly fewer crappy-looking pictures at high ISO.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow