E-M5 + regular 4/3 Leica 25mm 1.4, ISO 3200 Samples Full Res

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,088Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 + regular 4/3 Leica 25mm 1.4, ISO 3200 Samples Full Res
In reply to Landscapephoto99, Apr 21, 2012

Landscapephoto99 wrote:

And let's not forget that everybody is raving about a say 1/2 stop difference that I suspect most pooh poohing would really notice if blindfolded and shown photos. It's mostly silly brand snobbery.

This is what I call insecurity complex. I was never trying to put Fuji as the answer to all photographic. I was merely stating something which I think it's the truth. As for only 1/2 a stop only I disagree. Particularly as the ISO climbs.

dark goob wrote:

MAubrey wrote:

Cat photos are, by definition, not great.

I would expect that when we can harness the processing power of a full size computer, we'll get more out of raw and Lightroom when ACR comes, but yes. This isn't Fuji--assuming you can get the Fuji to focus in low light...
--
--Mike

i'm not concerned about the Fuji... because what lens are you going to put on there? Seriously?

The Fujinon 35mm 1.4 that I tested is a piece of junk as far as I'm concerned... it's so soft at 1.4 in the upper third of the lens that you can't focus it AT ALL... the 18mm f/2 is really great but there are no useful zooms or telephoto lenses...

The Fuji X-PRO1 is also huge, bulky and slow. It focuses extreeeeemely slooooow. It has a very poorly thought-out control system. The inability to switch to manual focus using the right hand makes it a camera I would never buy. I shoot almost exclusively one-handed. Have to hold my beer with the other hand, people.)

I really wanted to like the Fujifilm but my life does not revolve around shooting at 50,000 ISO. I am not willing to move to a camera system which has three available lenses only, just so that I can get slightly fewer crappy-looking pictures at high ISO.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow