Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doug J
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,511
Canon Solution CD download
Apr 21, 2012

Occasionally someone buys a used body without the software CD, or moves and can’t find the CD to setup the Canon software on a new PC.

Canon is a bit odd in that the typical updates need to see previous versions installed, although the software only works with Canon bodies.

This is the Canon Solutions CD. This isn't a software crack, pirate or anything more than what I received with my 1D3 a few years ago. It’s in zip format, just unzip it and run setup.exe. After the install I suggest users go to the Canon website, download & install the updates. I’ve been on DPR for 10 years, run a very clean system so there is no hidden malware.

Click the URL, save the file to wherever you want and unzip it. I used a zip format as there several folders on the CD.

Solution CD, 240MB.

And the software instruction CD, which is probably not needed as users can download this directly from Canon websites.
Multi languages, 170MB

For reference, here are a couple of alternate ways to install updates on PCs that do not have prior versions installed.

I don’t think I’ll get banned for this as it’s not a crack or pirated copy. During the installation, the user will be required to accept Canon’s licensing & copyright requirements, so I think I’m safe. I should add that Canon has a somewhat obscure link somewhere on their Japan website to download original software, but I’ve lost the URL and my Japanese is rather weak to say the least.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow