B&H Lets Greta Van Susteran Jump the D800 line

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marc Heijligers
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
Re: B&H Lets Greta Van Susteran Jump the D800 line
In reply to Yachter, Apr 21, 2012

It's not honesty, but business interest, "other" priorities and coincedental luck that determines who gets a D800 first.

• I've ordered the D800 at March the 30th and it arrived at the 3rd of April. There are probably many who've ordered before the 30th, and are still waiting for their camera. I happened to address a queue (after being triggered by Nikon rumors to Amazon Germany) that was supplied differently than some other queue, and therefore I was lucky.

• If Obama or the Dutch queen wants a D800, they will get it probably quicker than me and you. Someone from the USA/EU also gets food, oil or a D800 easier and quicker than somebody from a non-developed country. It's not based on honesty, but about (financial) impact.

• The impact of the Greta action is unknown. B&H may get more cameras delivered by Nikon after this specific marketing action, so in the end it may even lead to accelerated deliveries for B&H customers. Would that be fair to somebody that ordered a while ago at Amazon, or its local shop?

There are many variables in the game, where priority based on the order date is only a small part of it. The main point is that 30.000 D800s are estimated to be shipped per month, and the demand is much higher. It is Nikon who is creating the problem here for making such a nice camera in such a "low" quantitiy, not Greta.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Who?New
Wow.New
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow