Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
magneto shot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,126Gear list
Like?
Re: From one extreme to the other...
In reply to Wayne N., Apr 21, 2012

Wayne N. wrote:

magneto shot wrote:

yes if nikon release a 18mm 1.4 and actually works, this thread would be pointless.

Well, I'm glad that apart from that lens, it seems that you actually like the V1. Good to hear.

I certainly do hope they come out with one. I'm not much of a portrait shooter, but even I would like the option for shallower dof. Also, the N1's are great cameras, and it is a shame to see them get slagged due to this lacking lens.

How much do you think that lens would cost?

Cheers,

Wayne
http://www.pbase.com/wayne_n

i think the only concern is that ...maybe nikon didnt release it in the first place because even if they did...it would not be possible to have discernable shallow dof.

so far we seen at using Ft1 and 50mm -> 135 mm, this works but.... imho, 18mm and 2.7 crop might not get the needed shallow dof.

@paul

4/3 could never replace ff for the same reason. While it is able to do discernable shallow DOF, its still very lacking in it, for eg the 20mm 1.7. But it does separate itself from v1 because at least it has, kit primes that could easily do it.

I chose the v1 bec of the autofocus, an advantage over my existing gears, butseeing that this is nikon's answer to 4/3 is ....is practically misleading the crowd, or maybe they never did say it was their answer to mirrorless.

magneto shot's gear list:magneto shot's gear list
Leica X Vario Sigma SD15 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Nikon D4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow