Lens price increases: What are you going to do?

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
math guy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,313Gear list
Like?
bought a used DA21
In reply to Jeff Charles, Apr 20, 2012

I recently bought a used DA15 with the intention of adding a DA21 next year. But when the prices for new lenses jumped, I went ahead and got a used DA21 before the used prices followed suit.

I have to be honest, though -- it wasn't entirely based on the new price structure. I'm still trying to decide whether the keep the DA15. I haven't taken to it the way many others have (which is a statement about me, not the lens). So I figured I'd at least get one lens I knew I wanted this year. Then if I end up keeping the 15, I will have gotten both at the lower price (with the tradeoff that I won't get add another lens next year). And if not, then I figure I'll be able to sell it for more than what I paid for it (assuming the new prices hold). So the price hike wasn't the sole cause of my decision, but it certainly factored into it.

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/josephschmitt

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Pentax K-x Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow