ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MichaelT
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,780
Like?
OM-D Fatal Sensor Clicking Workaround
Apr 20, 2012

This was originally discussed in this thread:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&message=41280727&changemode=1

A few of us (4) so far seem to have this problem. This after doing all of the normal best practices things (fully charged battery, different lenses, camera reset, etc)

The symptom for me is the following:

-- hide signature --

Turn camera on. EVF turns on and you can view image, then the sensor starts to jump up and down making a clicking noise. Sounds to me like the stabilization system is doing its turn on calibration...or maybe the dust removal routine (I am guessing here). The camera then goes dead, with the switch still in the on position. I would say that the jumping lasts about 5 seconds or so.

While trying different combinations of buttons to hold in an attempt to find a hardware reset solution, I found some that worked. But that just masked the real workaround.

before turning on the camera, point the lens down towards the floor, so the rear LCD is parallel to the floor and facing upwards. Turn on the camera when positioned like the and it works perfectly. I am guessing that it has something to do with the position of the sensor assembly upon turn on. I have tried this several times and it has work reliably, and with the camera in normal positions it fails consistently.

If you are having this problem please try this workaround so that you can use your camera, and we can gather data to get this resolved.

Thanks and good luck to all of us :> )
--
Regards,

Michael Tapes
Owner: RawWorkflow.com
Creator: WhiBal, LensAlign

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow