E-M5: How to review photo taken via EVF on LCD?

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Briar Gallery
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
E-M5: How to review photo taken via EVF on LCD?
Apr 20, 2012

Here's a small but important question after a couple of hours spent with a (black) Olympus E-M5 (with 14-42mm lens - ordered from B&H):

I hope it's just my ignorance, but I haven't yet figured out how to have a review ON THE LCD SCREEN of a picture I've taken while looking through the EVF. This is a basic procedure I've used on all previous E-system DSLRs: you look through the (optical) viewfinder, take a picture, then look down at the LCD to see how the photo has turned out.

So far, I've only figured out how to have a just-taken photo display on the EVF: when I look down at the LCD screen, it's either blank or showing me menu inforrmation about the camera.

Now, I find the EVF most unsatisfactory to review a just-taken photo. The LCD gives far more accurate colors and sharper detail. Of course, if I take a picture without the EVF - using Live-View on the LCD - then the picture-for-review appears on the LCD. And I can always review EVF-shots on the LCD by pressing the PLAY button. But this is all quite different from my DSLR experience.

Again, I hope there's a setting I've just overlooked. Can someone help out?

Many thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow